15 Jul Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Disney Vacation Club Resort Overview
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Disney Vacation Club Resort Overview
To continue our series helping you to explore each Disney Vacation Club resort, we’re covering Boulder Ridge, which many long time DVC Members may remember being called the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (VWL) before Disney Vacation Club changed the name in 2016 to Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (BRV).
Reminiscent of the American West and its railroad hotels of the 1860’s, Boulder Ridge will welcome you home to the rustic comforts of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, just around the river bend with a 7 minute boat ride to Magic Kingdom. Reconnect with loved ones while exploring the great outdoors or cool off in the Boulder Ridge Cove Pool or the Copper Creek Springs Pool, both with unmatched theming, transporting you magically to the Pacific Northwest.
Nestled along the shores of Bay Lake, Boulder Ridge is a breezy 7 minute boat ride from the Magic Kingdom, yet you’ll feel as if you’re a world away in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, with nature trails, babbling brooks and even a 120 foot geyser.
Boulder ridge is adjacent to the Wilderness Lodge, however the two resorts feel as if they’re one-in-the-same, as they share restaurants, some common areas, and amenities. For check-in desks, all services, dining options and amenities, Boulder Ridge has convenient access to the main lobby of the Wilderness Lodge, while it’s own lobby is a smaller and more quaint space with it’s own magical, rustic theme, as well as the resort’s well appointed gym. It’s also a nice, quiet space to relax and enjoy a little down time, with a stone fireplace, large rocking chairs, Native American totems, and a collection of black-and-white photos showcasing the American west, gold rush, mining, and railroad era. In the Carolwood room of the lobby area, you’ll find a lot of railroad memorabilia dedicated to Walt Disney’s love of trains, including cars from Walt’s very own Carolwood Pacific Railroad from his Holmby Hills Estate.
Boulder Ridge offers 3 types of DVC villas:
- Deluxe Studios: Deluxe studios sleep 5, with a queen-size bed, a queen pull-out sofa, and a twin-size pull-down bed. There is a small seating area and a kitchenette with a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and toaster.
- One-Bedroom Villas: Sleeping 4, the private bedroom has a king-size bed, while the living room has a queen pull-out sofa. The fully equipped kitchen with all appliances, and dining room has everything you need to prepare meals and dine in the comfort of your villa.
- Two-Bedroom Villas: Sleeping 8, the two-bedroom villas are essentially a one-bedroom villa with a second private bedroom featuring two queen-size beds, along with its own second bathroom. There is a pull-out queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room.
There are no distinct view types at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
Amenities, Recreation and Checkin
- Pools: Grand Floridian guests can enjoy the resort’s 2 pools and kid’s splash area. The main pool at the resort, the tranquil Courtyard Pool, is the only pool on Disney property not aimed at kids.
- Recreation: Recreation options abound at Boulder Ridge, including bike rentals, motorized boat rentals, guided fishing excursions, movies under the stars, campfires, jogging trails, Buttons & Bells Arcade, and even backstage magic experiences.
- Dining: DVC Members & Guests staying at Boulder Ridge will find all food and beverage locations located in the main Wilderness Lodge building. For bar service, the Territory Lounge offers artisanal appetizers and beverages in a log-cabin themed setting. Roaring Fork offers quick-service fare, while Whispering Canyon Cafe is a favorite to those in the know, both serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Whispering Canyon is an old west themed restaurant serving all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet style dining. Be sure to ask for extra napkins! One of our personal favorites is the waterfront Geyser Point Bar & Grill, where you can enjoy stunning sunsets and even catch the Electric Water Pageant. For a dinner the whole family will enjoy, Artist Point offers Storybook Dining with Snow White where you can meet the Seven Dwarves and even the Evil Queen.
- Checkin: DVC Members & Guests are able to check-in to Boulder Ridge any time of the day at the main Wilderness Lodge lobby. Bell Services provide service to the DVC villas at Boulder Ridge at all times and are located next to the check-in desk.
- Transportation: Transportation options for Boulder Ridge, including the Magical Express, busses and water taxi are all located at the main Wilderness Lodge resort building.
Deed Expiration: January 31st, 2042
Boulder Ridge Point Charts
Search Boulder Ridge Resale Listings