As DVC members, we know how to get the most out of Disney Magic during our DVC Vacation. We also know how to get the best “bang for our buck,” which is why we are DVC members in the first place. We are here to let you in on one of Disney’s best kept money saving secrets…that’s not a secret at all, The Refillable Mug. Now, this has been out for years, and if you know, you know, but it’s still surprising the amount of DVC members and Disney guests that don’t opt in to the magic of refillable beverages in the happiest place on earth…in the sunshine state. Hydration helps you absorb Disney magic- that’s a fact.
What is the Refillable Mug?
For a one time purchase, based on the length of your stay, guests can purchase a souvenir mug that allows you to have unlimited refills on soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate and tea. Juices are not included. Currently the mugs are $19.99. The refillable mug has our adorable Disney friends on it, and can be used to fill up at any of the qualifying Disney Resorts or Hotels. Here is a list of just some of the resorts that offer this program.
Disney Value Resorts
• Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
• Disney’s Pop Century Resort
• Disney’s All-Star Resorts
Disney Moderate Resorts
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
• Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
• Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
Disney Deluxe Resorts
• Disney’s Contemporary Resort
So what are the cons?
Really there are none, besides having to carry a cute mug around the resorts. If you buy more than two soft drinks your entire DVC stay, it pays for itself. It’s a no brainer.
• Refillable Mugs are only enabled at Disney World Resorts / Hotels
• The RFID-enabled “Rapid Fill” Disney World mugs expire once the length of your stay has ended. The mugs can be microwaved AFTER your stay. Microwaving your mug before will deactivate the chip.
• Mugs cannot be refilled at any of the theme parks or water parks. (That would be a real dream come true.)
• There’s a two minute delay between each refill.
Purchasing a refillable mug is a way to avoid resort lines for soft drinks, and have an instant souvenir afterwards. Also, kiddos LOVE filling these mugs up. They have a chance to get unlimited access to soda as a kid at Disney. Wouldn’t you love it? We do! This is just another way that Disney fills up our cup.